Our library has a rich collection of more than 12,051 books and bound journals in print form to pacify the needs of the users. Some of them are very costly encyclopedias in the field of health & allied sciences which have been procured for the benefit of the medical fraternity.. It is well appointed with well-furnished reading rooms besides large number of latest text and reference books on all aspects of medical sciences and subscribes to National and International Journals.
VISION - Provide essential and specialized information to users by procuring and originating information resources, providing human and technologically moderated access to knowledge and aiding users to identify, locate, obtain and evaluate information.
- Provide high quality library and information services to support college expansion, in terms of new programmes / research thrust areas and additional students across campuses.
- Develop library and information services to provide continuing high quality support for teaching and learning.
- Develop library and information services to provide continuing high quality support for research and Medical Science Community.
- Manage and focus resources to deliver priorities and develop library staff with a culture of innovation and service improvement
- Circulation Service:Books are issue and return for users.
- Reference Service:It is assist by the Library staff for your needs
- Inter Library Loan:To require books will transfer to dept library.
- Reprographic Service:photocopy of your documents.
- Internet facility :Dedicated 40 computer systems were provided for faculty & students access at free of cost. Wi-Fi facility is also made available. Internet Leased Line(ILL) connection with 300 Mbps Bandwidth is provided.
- CCTV :Library is fully covered under surveillance systems to ensure safety of students and library assets.
VMMC & H library at Vinayaka Missions Medical College (VMMC) has been consistently making efforts to develop a strong collection of learning resources and to provide a human moderated access to knowledge.
Total No. of Books in library: 12458
The library is fully automated with advanced software and barcode technology. An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created for easy search and two terminals are provided to facilitate access.
Apart from Central Library each department has separate Department Library which contains 100 – 110 books.